You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/13/2017 12:08 am  #1

Playing Songs by Women

When one plays a song which was originally done by a woman, should one change the lyrics to represent sexual preferences? I heard a dude do Killing me Softly once and the lyrics made me feel odd. I'm not into dudes though... maybe that guy was. This is my perception of women songs performed by men when they don't change the words...

6/13/2017 2:44 pm  #2

Re: Playing Songs by Women

Id change em. mostly cause i couldnt get passionate about a dudes embrace/kiss/fondling etc. nothing wrong with them in theory, but the true feeling of non arousal would come though in the performance. 

It is interesting though... if you do change does that mean you have to change lyrics to other songs based on you person. in other words, if a white guy performed gangsta rap would he have to change all the nuggas to craakas? 

6/13/2017 8:42 pm  #3

retart wrote:

Id change em. mostly cause i couldnt get passionate about a dudes embrace/kiss/fondling etc. nothing wrong with them in theory, but the true feeling of non arousal would come though in the performance. 

It is interesting though... if you do change does that mean you have to change lyrics to other songs based on you person. in other words, if a white guy performed gangsta rap would he have to change all the nuggas to craakas? 

You know, I never really thought about craakas. However,  I think I would go with whitey.

6/14/2017 10:18 am  #4

Craakas is way cooler... after all what about this meme

6/14/2017 3:41 pm  #5

Bill Burr said something about whitey one time and that he was trying to bring the word back. I tend to agree with Bill. So, whitey it is. Howeva, craaka is fine too I guess. I started using Gringo a lot lately.

7/03/2017 9:14 pm  #6

Most Craakas agree.

8/28/2019 6:51 am  #7

This happened to me too the first few times I tried multiplayer. I was always coming back but the first few times I thought no one was playing at the moment and left. lol

8/31/2019 7:14 pm  #8

Redshark is a good tcg simulator. I stopped playing the real thing because there were way too many power creeps. I spent way too much than I should have :/

9/12/2019 11:46 pm  #9

Well I sure am glad it’s quieted down around here.

1/02/2020 8:13 pm  #10

Man, it seems nowadays you're only cool if you play tunes from nonbinary pansexuals.

You know what that means to me?

A bunch of damn bullshit. Fuck that. Drink bud Weiser and play metal!

Let's have us a champagne jam!

1/09/2020 4:07 pm  #11

Personally I think you should not change any of the pronouns. It seems best to stick to the original, so you don't alienate anyone. You know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWFJIHw593U

Board footera