You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2016 2:33 pm  #1

LECs (Low Effort Comments)

This post is inspired by some of 'Rino's conversations from a previous incarnation of BRR. Specifically, the Evil Salad (which was actually a good one) and how he felt it was basically one step away from the old, "Whelp, guess it's free!" when an item won't scan at the register. I've been thinking a lot about these comments (I settled on Low Effort Comments after trying to think of a good name) that we make that people in certain jobs/positions hear a million times a day after I experienced one in real time recently. I don't remember where I was or who it was I was with that said it, but the girl who was serving us really hit them hard with the "Yeah, never heard THAT one before..." and shut my friend down pretty hard. It was glorious. Anyway, I figure this would be a good place to collect ones that you've encountered either on the job or in the wild. I'll start off with a couple classics:

::In line at the customer service desk buying a Powerball ticket::
"BE SURE AND GIVE ME THE WINNER DURR HERR HURR!"

::Back when I used to wait tables::
"How was everything?"
::Guy with completely empty plate::
"IT WAS TERRIBLE DURR HERR HURR!"

7/26/2016 8:21 am  #2

Re: LECs (Low Effort Comments)

What about restaurant guy who when asked if he wants to see a dessert menu, feigns this completely distended vomit-like face?

7/26/2016 2:08 pm  #3

Re: LECs (Low Effort Comments)

e-sam wrote:

What about restaurant guy who when asked if he wants to see a dessert menu, feigns this completely distended vomit-like face?

Too real. I'm getting anger flashbacks.

Board footera